My favorite Italian Restaurant in Downtown Chicago (Volare Ristorante Italiano, Chicago, IL)

This is the place where I often went when I lived in Chicago. Of couse, I visit this place everytime I visit Chicago now. This is like a local foody yummy place. The name of this place is "Volare Ristorante Italiano", and the address is "201 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611" whose Google Maps link is "V9RG+HX Chicago, Illinois". This place is at the heart of Downtown Chicago where you can walk from Navy Pier, Chicago River, and Millennium Park, so it is a good place to eat when you are traveling Chicago.


Below image is a rose cuttlefish ink pasta, one of popular dish in this place. I liked it at my first time trying it, and have been eating this every time I visited.


This place has a good wine selection at a reasonable price. The breads which they serve before main foods come are very delicious. Sometimes I ate too much breads and had to-go for the main foods. The grilled seafood below is also decent and fresh. 


As it is Italian restaurant, the coffee (espresso) is very good comparable to a coffee-specialized cafe. I enjoyed cups of coffee even at dinner. I like Volare's dessert a lot. I am not a dessert person, but this place is an exception. Sweetness, saltiness, and texture, everything is quite proper and well-balanced. The sauce is something different. I can't even catch the secret of these which may make me feel this place more special to me.


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

미국 포닥, 한국으로 돌아가는 이유? (Why do postdoc go back to Korea?)

미국 포닥 월급 생활비, 일리노이 텍사스 포닥 (Illinois, Texas Postdoc Living Cost)

J1 미국 포닥, 미국 영주권 (EB2) 신청 및 승인 후기 (첫번째. J1 비자)